The Food Safety Act (Senate Bill S-510) could be voted on tonight! This bill folks will make you an OUTLAW if you have a small garden in your backyard. It gives POWER to the Health & Human Services Secretary (Currently- Kathleen Sebelius) to decide whether or not you or your family can grow food. It will also make small local farms have to keep thorough records of everything. Food costs will SOAR.
How does $25.00 for a Loaf of Bread grab you?
What about $15.00 for a half Dozen Eggs?
Call your Senators and tell them to vote HELL NO!
Here’s the partial summary:
Reported to Senate amended. FDA Food Safety Modernization Act – Title I: Improving Capacity to Prevent Food Safety Problems –
Amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) to expand the authority of the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to inspect records related to food, including to:
(1) allow the inspection of records of food that the Secretary reasonably believes is likely to be affected in a similar manner as an adulterated food; and
(2) require that each person (excluding farms and restaurants) who manufactures, processes, packs, distributes, receives, holds, or imports an article of food permit inspection of his or her records if the Secretary believes that there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to such food will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.
Authorizes the Secretary to suspend the registration of a food facility if the food manufactured, processed, packed, or held by a facility has a reasonable probability of causing serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals.
Requires each owner, operator, or agent in charge of a food facility to:
(1) evaluate the hazards that could affect food;
(2) identify and implement preventive controls;
(3) monitor the performance of those controls; and
(4) maintain records of such monitoring. Deems facilities required to comply with certain food-specific standards to be in compliance with this section. Requires the Secretary to promulgate regulations to establish science-based minimum standards for conducting a hazard analysis, documenting hazards, implementing preventive controls, and documenting such implementation. Prohibits the operation of a facility that manufactures, processes, packs, or holds food for sale in the United States if the owner, operator, or agent in charge of such facility is not in compliance with this section. Delays implementation of this section for small businesses.
Full info can be found HERE.
More info from Mike Adams
Respectfully submitted by SilenceDogood2010 this Twenty Ninth Day of November in the Year of our Lord, Two Thousand Ten.